Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Please Pray for Kacie!

Last night my sister Tammy and her family received a phone call that they had a kidney for Kacie and that they had a half hour to decide if they could make it to Portland (7 hour drive) by 5:00 am! Kacie didn't really want to go, I can't blame her they had to wake her up and tell her that they needed to leave in an hour. Luckily Scott, Tammy and Kacie were able to pack really fast and they made it to Portland at exactly 5:00 am this morning!

They started doing tests on Kacie ASAP and it looked like it was a good match, they were just waiting for Kacie's blood work results. Then around 8:30 am Pacific Time, they came and told Tammy they had a surgery time set for 11:00 am. They took Kacie back to the OR around 12:00 and started the incision at 1:00 pm.

So, Scott and Tammy are just playing the waiting game. A Dr. came and told Tammy and Scott that Kacie is doing fine and that they will call her again in 2 hours. My Dad and Mom just got there to be with Scott and Tammy. I am so grateful everyone made it to Portland safely. We should have an update in about 20 minutes!

I am so grateful that Scott, Tammy and Kacie's prayers have been answered! I pray that Kacie will continue to do great and that this is the PERFECT KIDNEY for her! I also pray for the family that lost their loved one in the accident. I hope they feel comfort knowing that their loved one has given life to someone else!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

oh my gosh what a miracle and blessing! I am sooooo happy for kacie and the whole family!

Pam And Scott said...

Amen!!! No words can express the feeling of love for the donor and the recipent Kacie! It's a miracle.

renee' said...

I love to hear about modern miracles that are continuing to happen. I love that this is happening, of course I feel sadness for the family who is grieving. What a testimony builder, thanks for sharing this message. We will keep praying!