Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The day after Kacie's Transplant

Sorry if this is a repeat for some of you. I have friends and family that are wanting to receive updates about Kacie. (This is a copy from my sister's blog!)

"Kacie had a great night. She stood up this morning to be weighed and it was exactly the same as when she came in. Her creatinine was 1.7 (the goal is .5 to 1.1) & her blood pressure reading at this moment (12:50pm Wed.) is 115/76. Her cheeks are pink and overall she looks fantastic. Thank you again for your faith and prayers in Kacie's behalf. Knowing that you care makes our journey much easier to bear. We truly love and appreciate you.

Below is a copy of an email that Grandma Sue wrote:

(I'm sitting here in Kacie's ICU room recalling the blessing that Elder Yoshihiko Kikuchi gave her when she was in the St.Luke's hospital nearly two years ago. He promised Kacie that she would be restored to her whole health & strength. I'll never forget the power I felt during his blessing. I also admit that there have been times when I've wondered how, and even if, that blessing would come to fruition. Who knew that her receiving a deceased donor's kidney would be part of the fulfillment of that blessing. We are so thankful for the restoration of the Gospel and that the power of the priesthood has been restored. We are thankful for a team of doctors and nurses who have developed their talents to perform such a service as this. AND we are SO thankful for and care about the family who is grieving their horrible loss at this time. It will be ten years tomorrow (May 13) since Kaylin passed away. I've wondered if she has met this person and expressed to them our tender feelings of love.)

Tonight Kacie sat up in a chair again and did a lot of the work herself. She wants to know exactly what each tube is for and why she needs it. She is a lot more spunky tonight, which they say is good but she is driving us crazy. She is ready to get out of this ICU room. She is doing amazing!"

We pray that Kacie continues to heal fast and that this kidney will work great for many, many years! They told Tammy to expect to be in Portland Oregon for two weeks and maybe a few more. I think the Doctors are so impressed by how fast this kidney is working that hopefully it will only be two weeks, and then they can come home! Please continue to pray for them!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I just love reading this--except that is makes me cry. What a story your family has.