Thursday, May 13, 2010

10 years ago!

(Photo of Kaylin Christmas 1999)
Ten years ago my beautiful little sister passed away from cancer! She fought her fight really well, and was so brave through it all! This week has been especially tender, since Kacie received her kidney two days before "Kaylin's Day."

I think that if anyone understands how Kacie feels right now after surgery...it is Kaylin. She had to have several major surgeries and I believe that she is watching over Kacie and all of my family up there right now. We hope and pray that Kacie feels Kaylin's loving arms around her as she continues to heal and get better.

I also hope Tammy and my parents feel comfort as they are in the hospital again. I am sure this triggers many memories of being in there with Kaylin. I am grateful that my Mom and Dad can be together today in Portland! You are such amazing parents! We love you!

Here are some pictures of our yearly tradition when the kids write messages on white ballons to aunt Kaylin! They look forward to doing this every year.
Mckinley REALLY wanted to wear Aunt Kaylin's T-shirt. Kaylin and Kyle had a matching t-shirts when he was a baby. (Yes...I still have that t-shirt after 10 years! Some things are hard to let go!)


Braxton brought home this butterfly from Preschool...which was perfect timing because Kaylin LOVED butterflies!
One of Kaylin's biggest fears was that she would be forgotten. Well, I can reassure her that my kids ask questions about her all the time and love to hear stories about her. They love to look at pictures of her, and listen to the CD she made before she passed away. It is such a blessing to hear Kaylin's voice! We will treasure that forever! We love and miss you, SIS! "You live on in our hearts!"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rosie! I went up to your mom's house this morning to help Teniele with the "butterfly release" in honor of Kaylin. I called your mom shortly after and told her that it was an adventure to say the least and borderline comical. Poor Teniele kept trying to coax them out of their safe place, but they wouldn't budge. Finally, they started coming out, one by one, and I tried my best to get some pictures of the event. They aren't great, but we tried. I told your mom that I think Kaylin was probably laughing her head off watching us! I know your mom felt a little bad not being able to be here to do it herself, but she felt she needed to be with Kacie more and she knew that Kaylin would understand. I'm so grateful that things seem to be going so well so far. The timing is still unbelievable to all of us. Hope your family is doing good! Love, Tami

rosie said...

Thanks Tami! I am sure Teniele appreciated your help! I bet that was funny! I told mom that we will just have to order more let Kacie watch the process happen while she gets better!

I am glad that Kacie is able to have this miracle happen right now! I think the timing is perfect. Hopefully Kacie will feel great before she starts 6th grade in the fall!
Thanks again Tami!

Taryn said...

so precious! I lvoe that you post about this every year. reminds me of my brother.
what a week full of blessings for your family. so happy your parents are together today!

rosie said...

Dedre, I didn't know that you had a brother that passed away. How long ago did that happen? Was he younger or older than you?

Spencer's Adventures said...

Rosie. I love this traditon that you do with your family to remember your sister. I remember reading about it last year. Also, I'm glad things are going well with Kacie's transplant. We'll keep praying for her!

renee' said...

What a beautiful thing to do in your sister's honor and memory. We are still praying for Kacie too!

Tara said...

Your family has had to go through so much and I'm truly touched by your bravery through it all. You're amazing!

Grandma Sue said...

Rosie words can't express how much we appreciate the ways you help your children know about & honor Kaylin. I'm glad you do it in such fun ways. Kaylin didn't want to be the one that made the family cry & so the way you celebrate her memory is perfect. I got such a kick out of hearing about Tami & Teniele trying to free the butterflies. I bet Kaylin was laughing too. Thanks again, Love you much!!!