Monday, September 22, 2008

"Put a band-aid on it!"

My kids have all gone through a stage where they believe band-aids will help everything get better! Today Braxton was helping me clean the floor with the cordless shark sweeper (one of my favorite purchases, because the kids think it's FUN to sweep the floor!) Anyway, all of a sudden he stops the shark and yells over and over, "Mom come here, there is a moth!" "Him don't fly."
I walked over to the backdoor and said, "Oh, I think it is dead, it's ok you can sweep it up!"
He said, "No mom, you need to help it." "Him don't fly!" After a few seconds he added, "Mom put a band-aid on it, and then him will fly!"
I knew Braxton believed that band-aids would help him get better, like when he insisted that we put a band-aid on his tongue because he burnt it from his hot soup! And somehow that band-aid made his tongue feel better instantly!While he was talking I thought, I need to take a picture of this, so I went to grab my camera, and Braxton quickly went to get the band-aid.
I thought it was so sweet, he really believed that his 'magical band-aid' would help that moth fly, just like the band-aids helped him feel better so many times! When he leaned down to put it on the moth he got scared and he just looked at me. I asked him, "Do you want me to do it?"
He said, "Yes...it kind of freaky mom!"
Part of me didn't want to put the band-aid on it, while Braxton was watching because I knew it wasn't going to help it, but he insisted! After I put it on and he saw part of the moth on the band-aid he said, "Ewww gross!" The sight of the moth was enough to get his mind off the 'magical band-aid' and he started the shark up and continued cleaning the floor!

I only wish there was a 'magical band-aid' for my niece, who is still in the hospital. It would be nice to have an instant fix for her, but we are grateful for every step of progress she is making! Keep up the good work Kacie!!! We love you and continue to pray for you and your family.

6 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

Braxton, you have a tender heart. We hope that you'll always keep it as you grow into manhood. We enjoy you and love spending time with you. Love, Grandpa & Grandma

P.S. Rosie this is such a cute story. We are so glad that you recorded this on your blog. Thank you for being such a great mom and daughter.

Jenn said...

That has got to be one of the cutest stories. I love it.

Tara said...

Such a cute story. My girls are obsessed with band-aids too. If only they really could fix everything...

Naomi said...

My kids do the same thing- it's hilarious. . . but we've not put bandaides on moths :) So cute! We miss you guys!

renee' said...

I love bandaids. I keep one in my purse at all times. They just seem to have this magical power. We are still praying for you neice.

Michelle said...

What a cute story Rosie! You've got great kids - I sure wish we lived closer - it's been too long since we've hung out. We need to get together.