Thursday, September 10, 2009

Miracles Do Happen!

In March I learned about Paul Cardall, who has been waiting for a heart transplant . I also discovered his beautiful piano music, which our family LOVES. He truly has a gift on the piano...his music brings peace into our home. (His music is on my playlist.) I shared Paul's story with my kids and periodically since March they have prayed for him to receive his heart transplant. I think his story hit home to me, because my 10 year old niece, Kacie, is waiting for a kidney transplant. In April my sister found out that she couldn't be the donor for her daughter. So, I told her I would be the donor. Long story short...on July 1st EJ and I flew to Portland to do the rest of the tests. Then on July 2nd I found out that I couldn't be the donor either. It was sooo hard to break the news to my sister and her husband. I didn't want them to have to face another set-back.

Today I decided to go to Provo and get Paul Cardall's new CD at Deseret Book called "Sacred Piano" and get his "Primary" CD for my friend's birthday. As I put his CD in my car and drove up Provo Canyon...a flood of emotion came over me. I thought about Paul and Kacie, who are both waiting for transplants. I pleaded with Heavenly Father to help both of them get their transplants soon, if it was according to His Will.

I got home and was wrapping my friends CD for her birthday, when another friend called to tell me that Paul Cardall had just received his NEW HEART! I was shocked to say the least. I was so thrilled for him and his family. He is my age and has a little 3 year old girl named Eden. He has a CD called "Living for Eden." I am so grateful Heavenly Father has made it possible for him to live longer for Eden and his wife.
I thought this photo was so touching of Eden reaching down to feel her Daddy's new heart.



He is doing well! You can follow his blog at http://mytricuspidatresia.blogspot.com

(Mckinley wanted me to add this funny picture of him and his family, so you could see him smiling.)

His wife wrote something on their blog that was awesome. She said, "A dear friend of ours encouraged us to hang on to a simple truth and that has pulled us through to today. That truth is that "Miracles happen."
I LOVE that! I know Heavenly Father answers our prayers. I am grateful that Paul received his miracle after waiting since last August for a heart transplant. I hope and pray that Kacie will receive her MIRACLE soon! We love you Kacie!


P.S. I shared this story with my children on Sept. 10th. They were so excited that Paul received his NEW HEART! Today is Sept. 14th and every time Kyle and Mckinley pray, they are so sincere and thank Heavenly Father that Paul received his new Heart. I am grateful that this miracle has also touched their HEARTS.

7 comments:

Tammy said...

What an amazing story. I know Kacie will have her miracle soon. I'm so glad you shared this with me, you are a awesome sister. Thanks for all your support. Love ya!

Amy Jones said...

Great story, Rosie! I'm so glad you shared it. Miracles do happen. You're an amazing mom to teach your children such an important lesson.

My prayers will go out to Kacie as well. I hope her miracle shows up soon.

Pam And Scott said...

That is a wonderful story. I have been wondering what happened to him since I first heard about his story. (When his brother was killed). So happy for that family. I hope now they can find peace after so many trials:)

renee' said...

Somehow I've missed seeing your last several posts. So fun to see your kids back to school pictures. Always a favorite time of year for me. I also loved how you posted the pics. of all your kids with Ms. Karen.

I think I told you it was Randall Cardall, but it's Duane Cardall that is the editorial director at KSL. Anyway, great story about miracles continuing, I'm a huge believer in miracles. We are still praying for one for Kacie.

Grandma Sue said...

Thank you Rosie for letting us know about Paul's story and for sharing his music with us. Knowing about him has been another tender mercy for our family. We love you, Mom

Craythorn Family said...

I hope Kacie gets her new kidney soon. Miracles do happen, usually in Heavenly Father's time, which is the hard part to deal with. Our prayers are with Kacie.

The Boyos said...

What a fantastic story! I sure hope Kacie gets her miracle soon too!!!