Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sleep Tight!

Tonight after I put Blake to bed I thought, "I really need to write down his bedtime routine before I forget." Lately our bedtime routine is: PJ's, prayers, brush teeth etc. Then depending on how much time I have we rock for a few minutes, read a book or sing together. I lay him down while he is still awake and he usually rolls over and goes to sleep!
The last couple of weeks when I lay him down, he has been doing the cutest thing. He rolls over and pops his head up and blows me a kiss and says "bye" or "night" or "wolov ou" (love you)! Sometimes he says all of the above! If he isn't ready to go to sleep it is a different story, he will yell "ROCK." If I have time I will rock him a little more and lay him down and he knows I am not coming back, so he will go to sleep. (I must admit that sometimes I am not very patient when he doesn't go to bed right away.)

Tonight as Blake went to bed and was so sweet and said "wolov ou" and blew me kisses, I wanted to freeze time. If he is my baby then I want to cherish these moments with him. Blake, you are a cutie! We love you!!!

7 comments:

rosie said...

The Boyos said...

That is so sweet! Ella needs to come off her bottle but I enjoy holding her just a bit longer when she will lay down to drink her bottle and snuggle up. Isn't it a blessing to be a mother?

(Sorry Annie, I had to change my font...hopefully that is better.)

Rebekah B. said...

That's so sweet. You'll be so glad you recorded that, and he will too.

I love the cute bedtime routine with Silas too. Love that he'll rock with me while he drinks his sippy cup of milk. They grow-up too fast!

Grandma Sue said...

Thanks for sharing your special moment with Blake. I loved reading this post. Love you and your sweet family!

Michelle said...

I think this is just what I need to work on...a bedtime routine! Thanks for the motivation :)

Hey we need to get together - Girls' camp just got over so now I have a minute to breathe! Sorry I've been so crazy busy lately...

Have a great day!

Craythorn Family said...

Don't you wish they would stay a baby forever? I had a discussion with Logan and told him he had to stay my baby forever and couldn't grow. He's not listening very well.

Jenny said...

I miss my kids! I am sitting here in France, wishing I could tuck my kids in and hold them. I remember there sweet faces and the love and kisses. Thanks for the reminder that the will not stay this age forever! TEARS! I wolov ou too!

Rushton's said...

such a cute story. sorry things didn't work out with kacie. No we are not going to the reunion, are you guys? hope your family is well.