My niece, Kacie got really sick about a week and a half ago! On Saturday, Aug. 16th she was transferred from Holy Rosary to St. Luke's due to complication from Ecoli. Then Doctors diagnosed Kidney failure, pancreatitis, and colitis. That night they did surgery and put in a catheter for kidney dialysis. The next day she aspirated, (got liquid in her lungs) and she had to be put on a ventilator.
Things were the same until Wed. Aug. 20th, Doctors were concerned because she was not breathing above the ventilator. They ordered for her to have MRI to rule out a possible stoke. We are very so excited, because this morning they got the results from MRI everything looks normal! Doctors felt comfortable to get her off the ventilator, so they did and Kacie is doing well! She is still pretty sleepy, but that is to be expected because of the kidney dialysis the medication is taking longer to leave her body!
My sister has started a blog to keep us updated on her progress! Her blog is kaciet.blogspot.com! Kacie we are praying for you and your family! We sure love you and hope you get feeling better soon!
Pictures of Wade...
2 months ago





7 comments:
I've been wondering how she is doing. I'll have to check out the blog.
Rosie your sister is a saint!! Tammy has been through so much, she really is an amazing lady. As a mother I pray for her often, as well as your Mother whom I'm sure this has been very hard on. I'm sure the hospital brings back hard memories. YOu guys are a great family and we love you!
Wow, Kacie will be included in our prayer as well! I love the update blogs and I am looking forward to hear great progress from her!
I was just doing a little blog surfing through Amy Jones' blog and went wow...I remember Rosie. I was Tristi, Fonz and Amy's roommate in 204 our first year of school. It was fun to see a picture of your cute family, I have Makynlee (that's how we spell it) too! How strange when you think you are picking out unique names for your kids.
Shocker about the ecoli. My nephew just as in Primary Children's with it too...but he was not this serious. His was pretty mild.
Anyway, it was fun too see your blog...hopefully you won't mind if I check it out occassionally (I don't want to feel like a blog stalker.) My blog is currently private but if you would like an invite I can do it.
That is crazy, but I'm glad to hear that she is doing better and everything seems to be looking good. We will definitely keep her in our prayers. Things like this sure help you remember what is REALLY important.
Hi Jen Crook,
I remember you too! How are you doing? I would like to see your blog, how does that work if it is private? (Sorry, I am new at this blog thing!)
How is your nephew doing? Is he home now or still at the hospital?
I hope he is doing well!
Take care!
hi rosie,
i hope kacie is doing better - how scary.
how are you? are the kids liking school? are you liking that the kids are in school? :)
your blog looks way cute! you'll have to tell me how you did it!
i realized it was swiss days yesterday and today and i didn't get to go :( this is the first time i haven't been since the first year we lived in heber. oh well, life just gets crazy busy sometimes...
have a great day!
michelle
Post a Comment